Monday, May 28, 2007

Kate's New and Hot (Week 9)

Pretty flowers...


Hey all, Last week I mentioned a really cool article about Carl Linneaus in June's National Geographic. Becca already posted about his 300th birthday celebration, but I just wanted to let everyone know about this article. It's pretty biographical...there's an online version here. There is a whole section that talks about evolutionary trees and stuff. Another interesting thing to note is that this article was written by David Quammen, author of The Reluctant Mr. Darwin. Quammen mentions Darwin once in the article: "But his passion for order--for seeking natural order--did move taxonomy toward the insights later delivered by Charles Darwin."

I really wanted to post these pictures from the article...I think they're incredible. I love NatGeo :)







No comments: